With the end of lent approaching, the race is on to serve up the best fish on Good Friday.
We’re here to do our bit with this tasty and spicy recipe for salmon fishcakes the will satisfy even the meatiest of tastes. Try it and let us know in the comments below how you got on, or if you added your own little touch of spice to it.
This recipe will make 12 fish cakes:
- 700 grams of roughly chopped salmon (skinned and pinned)
- 100 grams of melted butter
- 2-4 cloves of garlic
- 200grams of white bread crumbs
- 4 eggs
- 1 dessert spoon of wholegrain mustard
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Bunch of chopped coriander
- 2 table spoons of cayenne pepper or 2 small red chillies
- Some olive oil
Mix all of the ingredients thoroughly in a bowl and and shape into 4 oz cakes. Heat a little oil in a non stick frying pan and once hot, cook the cakes for 3-4 mins a side.
Enjoy with a garlic & chive mayo or a sweet chilli sauce and salad.