Rhododendron Germania / 5 Ltr Pot
25091820Regular price €22,00
Rhododendron Germania is a fabulous variety, producing huge buds in Spring, opening to deep pink flowers on large upright trusses during late May. Germania tends to grow wider than it is tall.
Tough, hardy and easy to grow, 'Germania’, has large pale green, rounded leaves, can be planted on its own or as part of a bed/border where it will look superb with other flowering shrubs. Germania is also a great option for planting in containers. It prefers slightly acidic soil and position in a part shady area. This shrub will reach a max height of approx 150cms in around 10 years.
- Type: Evergreen shrub
- Preferred location: Dappled sunlight, partial shade
- Hardiness: Fully Hardy
- Soil: Slightly acid soil
- Max Height & Spread:2m x 2m after 5 to 10 years
- Season of interest: March – May, evergreen year round
- Garden Uses: Beds and borders, patio and containers, wall-side borders
- Garden Style: City and courtyard, coastal garden, woodland garden, cottage and informal garden
- Garden care: Prune away any unwanted growth in May and feed with ericaceous plant food after flowering period
If you are thinking of growing Rhododendrons, but unsure of your soil type, you can buy a soil kit to test the pH level of your soil, a level below pH 7 is acid soil. Alternatively, you can check out your neighbours garden and see what’s growing there. If there are Rhododendrons and Azaleas in the area, the chances are your soil will be similarly suitable too! However, if you do love Rhododendrons and your soil pH is unsuitable, you do still have the alternative option of adding ericaceous compost or planting them in pots and containers for early season colour