Agapanthus Umbellatus Albus 10Lt
17031911Regular price €35,00
Agapanthus umbellatus Albus, is a stately plant which will emit beautiful shades of creamy white from your border, or will look very attractive as a container plant on the patio. Agapanthus ‘Umbellatus’ has great strap like green leaves with pleasing large blue/purple trumpet shaped flowers, blooming right throughout the summer months here in Ireland
Agapanthus are some of the most beautiful and reliable summer perennial plants you can grow. Suitable for both containers and borders, they flower from July into September. As they enjoy lots of sunshine, they are naturally resistant to wind.
Agapanthus 'Umbellatus' is known for attracting bees and other pollinators. It has nectar rich flowers, so expect to see lots of helpful biodiverse activity in the garden. Otherwise known as ‘The African Lily’, it enjoys full sun, mineral rich soil that’s not too wet. Agapanthus tolerates Irish climate conditions well.
- Type: Deciduous perennial
- Preferred location: Full sunlight, south or west facing
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Soil: Well drained & moist
- Max Height & Spread: 60cm x 60cm
- Season of interest: July – September
- Garden Uses: Beds and borders, patio and containers
- Garden Style: City and courtyard, coastal garden, container garden, cottage and informal garden
- Garden care: Cut back deciduous foliage when it dies and apply a layer of mulch