6051812Regular price €10,00
Lavander stoechas is more commonly known as French Lavender and is one of the most popular small garden shrubs. Lavandula stoechas is a fragrant dwarf shrub with narrow, grey-green leaves. It has short stalks bearing dense, ovid heads of purple flowers topped with a cluster of purple bracts from early summer.
While still sweetly scented, French lavender hasn’t the powerful fragrance of English lavender, instead it has a strong rosemary-like scent. French lavender blooms for a longer period of the year than English lavender given enough light and warmth.
Lavandula stoechas will help to attract wildlife to the garden, particularly butterflies and bees
• Type: Evergreen shrub
• Preferred location: Full sun, partial shade
• Hardiness: Fully Hardy
• Soil: Acid or alkaline soil, moist, well drained
• Max Height & Spread: 0.5-1m x 0.5-1m
• Season of interest: Spring and Summer
• Garden Uses: Position at the front/middle of beds and borders, pots and containers
• Garden Style & care: Cottage and informal garden
• Garden Care: Cut back stalks after flowering period and trim back in April if necessary