Hydrangea Macrophylla Benxi - P23
17071954Regular price €25,00
Hydrangea macrophylla 'Benxi' is perfect for introducing interest to a shaded corner of the garden. The wonderful, lace cap, white flowers appear from early summer and continue throughout the season, slowly fading to pale pink as they mature. The deep green foliage provides great autumn interest as its transforms to gold and red. With a neat habit, this variety remains compact and bushy at maturity, adding a charm to garden borders, patio pots and containers. Height and spread: 120cm (48").
Hydrangea macrophylla prefers a sunny or semi shaded position, with shelter from chilly winds of Winter. Grow hydrangea plants in any fertile, moist soil. Add nutrients to the soil prior to planting, adding well rotted manure or garden compost, ensuring that it is blended in well. Hydrangea macrophylla also looks great in patio containers.
Ensure shrubs are watered regularly until they are fully settled. Avoid removing the faded hydrangea flower heads until the new buds swell in spring, this is to protect the delicate buds from frost damage. When pruning, reduce the stems to limit their growth to the available space and enhance the shape of the plant. After pruning hydrangeas, apply a mulch of well-rotted manure or compost around the base of the plant.
- Type: Deciduous shrub
- Preferred location: Any location
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Soil: Moist, well-drained soil
- Max Height & Spread: 1.5m x 1.5m
- Season of interest: Flowers early Summer to Autumn, foliage transforms to gold and red in Autumn
- Garden Uses: Beds and borders, patio and containers, wall-side borders
- Garden Style: City and courtyard, coastal garden, container garden, woodland garden, cottage and informal garden
- Garden care: Prune away any unwanted growth in March or April. Feed with plant food after flowering period