Pentland Dell Seed Potatoes - 2kg 35-60mm
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Pentland Dell Seed Potatoes are the second Pentland variety to be introduced.
This potato variety has a strong resistance against slugs and produces large white skinned tubers with a creamy-white flesh that has a firm but floury texture. Particularly suited for chips but can also bake well.
- 2kg bag of Pentland Dell Seed Potatoes (approximately 20 tubers)
- British grown Seed Potatoes
- Good disease resistance
We recommend planting Main Crop potato tubers, such as Pentland Dell, outside between March and April, 10cm deep and 20cm apart in a line. Leave at least 30cm between lines to allow growing space.
Prior to planting, encourage Seed Potatoes to sprout by placing them on a cool, bright windowsill for 4-6 weeks. This process is known as ‘chitting’ and will help prepare the potato tuber for going in the ground.
Once planted, ‘earth up’ the potatoes by drawing the soil up around new shoots to protect them from frost damage and prolong the growing time. Earthing up also protects developing potatoes from sunlight which causes them to turn green and poisonous. Keep potatoes well watered during warm weather.
Main Crop Seed Potatoes require a much longer growing time in the ground and would benefit from an added fertiliser during the Summer months.
When ready to harvest, cut back haulms (plant stalks) to ground level before gently lifting the plant up with a garden fork.
Carefully remove the potatoes from the plant and wash well before use in the kitchen.
- When to plant: March, April
- When to harvest: June, July
- Planting depth: 10-15cm/4-6″
- Bulb spacing: 30-37cm/12-15″
- Soil type: Moist but well-drained
- Soil pH: Acid, Alkaline, Neutral
- Sunlight: Full sun, Partial shade
- Hardiness: Tolerant of low temperatures but will not survive being frozen
Shipping is calculated at the checkout