Gro-Sure Seed & Cutting Compost 30L
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Gro-Sure Seed & Cutting Compost is a unique compost that has been specifically developed to ensure perfect growing conditions
How to use
First put on a pair of gloves and rework the compost between your hands to reconstitute. Then you’re all set.
- Place compost in a tray or pot and fill to just below the rim
- Tap down the compost with a board or level tool to give a flat even surface
- Water the compost thoroughly and allow to drain. Sow the seeds evenly over the whole surface
- Cover the seeds evenly with a thin layer of compost and water using a watering can with a fine rose
- Ensure the compost is kept moist by covering the seeds with a thin layer of polythene or a sheet of glass until the seeds have germinated
- Keep seeds out of direct sunlight
Gro-Sure Seed & Cutting Compost contains sufficient nutrients for the seedlings to grow until they are ready for pricking out. This usually takes 3-4 weeks.
When the seedlings are large enough to handle, remove them from the seed tray with a dibber or pencil and place into pots or trays of Gro-Sure All Purpose Compost.
- Take the cutting by making a sloping cut, with a sharp knife, in the stem and removing all of the bottom leaves
- To encourage rooting, dip the end of the cutting into a hormone rooting powder
- Fill pot/tray with compost and water well
- Making a hole in the compost with a pencil/dibber, place the cutting into the hole and gently firm the compost around it, ensuring good contact of the compost with the submerged cutting
- Water thoroughly
Do not place cuttings too close together. Place polythene or glass over the pot/tray to reduce moisture loss, ensuring the leaves do not touch. Place in a warm environment, out of direct sunlight until the cuttings have taken.
Keep compost moist, never allow to dry out. Water using a watering can with a fine rose.