Westland Houseplant Potting Mix Peat Free 20L
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Westland Houseplant Potting Mix is a peat free specialist mix of wood fibre and perlite for airflow as well as drainage. Ideal to use for potting or re-potting most indoor plants. This free draining mix promotes healthier growth and greener leaves for an outstanding indoor garden.
- Added Seramis granules for optimum water and nutrient availability
- Added perlite for airflow, drainage and healthier root development
- Essential nutrients for healthy, stronger growth and also greener leaves
- Perfect for all houseplants including Peace Lillies, Snake Plants, Swiss Cheese Plants, Calatheas, Prayer Plants and Areca Palms
- Use with our Houseplant Feed for even better results
How to use
Don’t forget to pot top! Adding Hydroleca as a pot topper will provide a decorative appearance, help to minimise over watering and discourage attraction of pests.
- Westland Houseplant Potting Mix contains sufficient nutrients to feed plants for approx. 6 weeks
- After this period, feeding should commence with Westland Houseplant Feed.
- Feed every second watering in the active growing season (spring/summer) and every fourth watering in the winter
- Under or over watering houseplants are one of the main causes of the plants failing
- Do not allow the plant to sit in water or sodden compost as this will stunt root growth and prevent air movement around the roots
- It can also make the plant more susceptible to pests and diseases
- Overwatering can cause leaf yellowing and loss, and a shortened flowering period.
- Equally do not allow the compost to dry out completely as this can also cause damage to the plant
- Regularly checking the compost to see if it is still moist in the summer months (less frequently in the cooler months) is the best way to ensure proper watering